The Get Connected quiz: are you ready to transform your business?
- Industry 4.0 News
- Read 56 times
Share this post:
I hope you’ve gotten connected with me these last several weeks.
I was talking to a colleague about why I wrote these. And it really comes down to one thing: IoT is taking place all around us. Are you and your company participating in the digital transformation, and impacting the physical world? Or are you just watching it happen?
Thirty years ago, we thought about reducing data in the data center. Now, with IoT, we’re thinking about amassing more data from all sources, along with all the combinations you can now blend together for new insights. It’s a paradigm shift!
It’s also why IoT-led digital transformation is a confusing concept. And it’s hard to do. You need to embrace the journey and its benefits rather than try to do it all at once.
Take the Get Connected quiz
Answer these six questions about your enterprise to help you understand where you’re at on the IoT journey.
- Are you building an active repository of digital information from your physical devices that either you make or use?
- If you have data, are you making it work for you? For example, are you creating new services, solutions or business value from interpreting the data?
- Are you combining data types and sources together for new insights? For example, are you using artificial intelligence (AI) engines to find insights you never knew existed?
- When it comes to your devices, data and APIs, can you talk about them in a single sentence from a strategy point of view? Do you understand why these three matter?
- Do you understand the velocity of change? Can you see and measure the velocity change in your engineering or operations due to the new digital data programs you have in place?
- Do you know how you will integrate the client experience with the machine experience?
Could you answer a confident “yes” to at least three of these questions? If so, then you’re well on your way to developing a successful digital transformation strategy. Because really, that’s what digital transformation is – a vision, a strategy and a lot of hard work to extract the most value from the data your IoT connections. And I bet we can help, so let’s talk.