A Map of Every Device in the World That’s Connected to the Internet
- IoT News
- Read 397 times
- Matherly, who calls himself an internet cartographer, collected the data to put it together by sending ping requests to every IP address on the internet, and storing the positive responses.
- With the proliferation of the Internet of Things , we’re bound to see some of those black holes slowly colorize over the next few years.
- It took less than five hours to gather the data, and another 12 hours or so to generate the map image.”
- Armed with the new process, Matherly plans to track the changes in the globe’s internet connectivity over time.
- The map might explain it better than any statistics could ever hope to: The red hot spots show where the most devices that can access the internet are located.
Read the full article, click here.