Growing Trend: Internet of Things expands into college and university curricula
- IoT News
- Read 861 times
- Another top barrier for wide scale adoption involves security concerns (38.8 percent).
- Register today and receive free access to all our news and resources and the ability to customize your news by topic with My eSchool News.
- Increased efficiency is the main reason that businesses are investing in IoT development, according to 38.3 percent of survey respondents, followed by the pursuit of a competitive advantage (28.4 percent).
- Worldwide spending on IoT security will reach $348 million in 2016, a 23.7 percent increase from 2015 spending of $281.5 million, according to Gartner, Inc .
- The biggest area of current expertise in the IoT field involves hardware engineering, according to 30.4 percent of respondents, but the area of greatest interest for further skills training involves sensors development (57.7 percent), followed by systems design and integration (32.3 percent).
Read the full article, click here.